08 June 2011

Half-Mile Runs, Awful Bus Rides, and Exploding Sunscreen

Hello everyone! It's been a little while since I've last blogged. I've been relatively busy, with our school field trip to Cedar Point Amusement Park on Monday, and piano practice, reading(OMG READING?!), etc.
I was going to put up some sweet pictures from Cedar Point, but there's a small issue. My camera was in my friend's bag when we were riding a coaster and the sunscreen in said bag burst open and drenched everything inside. As of now, the camera still fails to work properly. But she had it much worse - her iPod and her phone were temporarily disabled(her phone works now, but her iPod is gone.)
So instead, I settled for finding pictures of the best coasters on the Internet..... Here's a list of the ones I rode.
Let's start with the best, ja?

    Hnnngh, big.
  1. The Millenium Force. I was getting shivers even looking at this beast while we were waiting in line. It stands 310 feet off the ground and has a maximum speed of 90 miles per hour. But I don't regret it at all. That feeling I got when we were at the very peak and were a millisecond away from dropping was just too good. 
  2.  
    Meanie..
  3. The Mean Streak. This is given that name for a reason. This wooden rollercoaster was bumpy and I thought I was going to die when we went down the first hill. With huge drops and screaming speed, this one was one of my favourites(I have an unhealthy obsession with it; I think I have bruises on my ribs and...chest from this one but I rode it three times all the same). The line is always short though. ;) 
  4. Mean Streak.
  5. The Magnum XL-2000. A big drop and some pretty sweet loops made this steelie a keeper. It also had a bunch of short tunnels. Definitely worth the short wait.
  6. The Maverick. My head hurts.
  7. The Maverick. Wow. i waited in line for almost an hour for this ride. But it was so worth it - it has the steepest angled drop in the entire park(out of 17 coasters, mind you) and the twists and turns gave me a bunch of concussions :D There's also another feature of this ride that really gave it a thrill, but I'll hold my tongue...it's better for you to find out yourself. 
  8. Maverick. My head hurts.
  9. The Iron Dragon....it was okay. It was the only inverted coaster I rode. And the only reason I dislike this one is because of the sunscreen disaster. But otherwise it had some satisfying loops to it.
  10. The Gemini. Two trains(at Cedar Point, they're not cars - they're trains) race each other on a massive woodie. I was on blue, and we won because we are just amazing. The drops were pretty sweet.
  11. The Skyhawk. Not a coaster, but worth mentioning. It's the biggest swing ride in the world, and goes over 60 mph at top speed. And I, a swing ride lover, kept wanting to ride it again and again.
  12. .
The Corkscrew....first thing we rode when we arrived. Little coaster, short ride, but there were a whole bunch of loops and crazy turns. It's good to get yourself "pumped up" with, as my boyfriend put it.

The bus ride was about 4 hours one-way...I slept on the way back though(nicest. sleep. ever.) We were surrounded by a bunch of swearing dbags...and Kyle had a piercing migraine...and we were starving...but I think it was worth it. Definitely.

In other news, I had a workout for cross country this morning. I really need to get in shape, hohohoho. But I'm still excited for the workout on Friday.     .........That's really odd how I'm still anticipating something and I know( I KNOW) that it's going to suck once I'm really into it. Then again, that's what running does to you. It's like a disease and I'm diagnosed with it now.
I also saw a bunch of E3 trailers....Games like Assassin's Creed Revelations, Modern Warfare 3, Resistance 3, and Battlefield 3 just look gorgeous. Plus I'm now Facebook friends with the singer of the song that plays during the AC Revelations trailer. It's pretty sweet.
Oh, and as for the thing on the internet that struck me.....
This website makes me loathe humans. And Stephanie Meyer.(Notice my use of the word 'and', but not 'including'....)




    No comments:

    Post a Comment